Medical billing and coding specialists are vital to keeping costs down, reducing medical mistakes and generally ensuring there’s a free flow of information about patients’ medical histories. By improving the way patient medical records are shared and used, the healthcare industry is looking to cut costs and improve outcomes. Medical billing and coding specialists are at the core of these changes, placing them in the middle of one of the fastest growing and most exciting areas of healthcare.
The Medical Billing and Coding program is designed to provide students with the knowledge and hands-on skills necessary to build a successful career as an entry-level medical professional within the healthcare community. The program prepares students to work in the front office, the medical records department, the medical billing and coding department as well as in a variety of health care settings.
- Career Success Strategies
- Medical Office Procedures
- Medical Terminology Essentials
- Anatomy and Physiology Essentials I
- Insurance Procedures I
- Keyboarding and Word Processing
- Anatomy and Physiology Essentials II
- Diagnostic Coding
- Insurance Procedures II
- Procedural Coding
- Electronic Health Records
- Medical Law and Ethics
- Hospital Billing and Coding
- Career and Professional Development
- Computerized Medical Office Management
- Introduction to Health Information Management
- Advanced Medical Coding
- Disease Process
Your Career Success Starts Here
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Try a Trade
Try a Trade is a new initiative at EIT where the public can schedule a time to come to the school and under no obligation, complete a small introductory project in the program of their choice.
If you've ever considered beginning a career in any of the fields we offer, schedule a date to come in and Try a Trade!