CNC machines have radically changed the manufacturing industry. Curves are as easy to cut as straight lines, complex 3-D structures are relatively easy to produce, and the number of steps that require human action have been considerably reduced.
In the CNC / Machinist Technician career training program you will get your hands on drill presses, mills, lathes, and grinders, then advance to CNC milling and CNC turning. You will learn to efficiently set up and run CNC machines. Be capable of controlling the 3 axes of lathes and mills through Computer Numerical Control programs. Problem solving skills, troubleshooting techniques and use of engineering materials and processes learned at EIT will enable you to take your place in tomorrow’s industry.
- Blueprint Reading / GDT
- Practical Dimensional Inspection Fundamentals
- Machining I
- Strategies for Success
- Machinist Mathematics
- Machining II
- Introduction to CNC Machining
- Job Seeking Development
- Practical Computer Skills
- CNC Machining I
- CNC Machining II
- CNC Machining III
CNC / Machinist Technician Job Placement Sites
Below is a list of employers who recently hired graduates of the CNC / Machinist Technician Program
- Modern Industries, Erie, PA
- PHB Industries, Fairview, PA
- General Electric Transportation, Pittsburgh, PA
- H&H Aero, Erie, PA
- Allegheny Bradford Corp., Lewis Run, PA
- Power Drives, Erie, PA
- Machining Concepts, Erie, PA
- Thorlabs Imaging Systems, Sterling, VA
- Ripley Machine & Tool Company, Ripley, NY
- Merit Industries, Erie, PA
- Accuspec Electronics, Erie, PA
- Composiflex, Erie, PA
- American Turned Products, Fairview, PA
- Secondary Development and Research, Ridgway, PA
Your Career Success Starts Here
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Try a Trade
Try a Trade is a new initiative at EIT where the public can schedule a time to come to the school and under no obligation, complete a small introductory project in the program of their choice.
If you've ever considered beginning a career in any of the fields we offer, schedule a date to come in and Try a Trade!